Self portraits are weird to do.

This is one of maybe 2 or 3 self-portraits that I've ever done. I don't like doing them a whole lot. They are kind of creepy somehow, but I hit two birds with one stone with this piece. Apparently, yesterday was national self-portrait day...so there's that. I also painted it because I needed a profile picture for an artist's collective that I'm joining. I'll give more details about that when it's all set up, but basically, I will be part of a monthly online gallery of artists who work mainly in comics and sci-fi/fantasy illustration. There should be a nifty lil' interview and feature on my work and everything. Good stuff. I can't wait to share!

But speaking of "more details". I know there hasn't been much of that going on here lately. I've been doing a lot of work for a sequential comic based project. Again, I can't say much about the project yet, but I will say that it involves super hero stuff, which is not my usual subject matter. It's been super challenging and fun for me. Hopefully I'll get to share some of that with you soon. Anyway, thanks for tuning in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment